Graduate Research

If you are interested in pursuing graduate level work in the Media Psychology Lab, follow the normal application procedures for the Department of Communication Studies. Please contact Dr. Dal Cin directly for more information.

Undergraduate Research   

We are often recruiting students to help with research in the Media Psychology Lab. Freshmen and Sophomore undergraduates may apply through the UROP program.  We welcome all majors through the UROP program! Applications are accepted through the UROP office and applications are typically due in the summer before the academic term. In most cases, we ask for a two semester commitment if you join the lab.

It is also possible to join the lab as a volunteer or to do a research experience course or honors thesis research. Students wishing to do a for-credit research placement or honors thesis must meet the eligibility and enrollment conditions set by the Department of Communication Studies. Please visit their website for more details. Junior and Senior undergraduate Communications Majors at the U of M can conduct research through Comm 322: Faculty Directed Undergraduate Research Practicum, Comm 441: Independent Reading or Comm 442: Independent Research.

Students may wish to apply for the honors program in Communication Studies, after March 1st of a student's junior year. Students accepted for the honors program take a year-long seminar during the senior year (Communication Studies 491 and 492) while conducting research and writing a thesis. Accepted students will be notified by the honors advisor and permission to register for Comm 491 will be issued for the first semester senior year.

Undergraduate Research Assistants getting familar with a film relic. Pictured (L- R): Alex Fauer, Emily Liu, Heather Kunkle